About James Walker...
James Walker is a dynamic global manufacturing organisation that supplies a vast range of high performance fluid sealing products and associated knowledge-based services to virtually every sector of industry. Our activities range from research and development, product application, manufacture and supply, to plant monitoring, on-site maintenance and seal refurbishment. An intimate knowledge of the industrial plant and processes used by our customers worldwide enables us to solve their fluid sealing problems with best value systems designed to minimise total cost of ownership.
State-of-the-art skills in materials technology, particularly relating to elastomers, polymers, composites and engineering plastics, are central to our success - in addition to the core disciplines of high performance sealing technology and tribology. Extensive expertise in the precision machining of exotic alloys for metallic seals, and tension control fasteners for bolted joints, positions us firmly at the forefront of these technologies. We therefore claim that our products and expertise help to keep industry worldwide running safely and efficiently year-in and year-out.
Our worldwide family of companies has 11 production, engineering, distribution and customer support sites in the UK, and a further 40 spread across Continental Europe, Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia, South Africa and the USA. At the local level, a close-knit network of James Walker companies and official distributors supplies our products and services to over 100 countries. Highly developed e-commerce systems and logistics operations give customers the surety of supply they need. We also work in partnership with customers at all levels. The long-term contracts we forge with multinational corporations cover the requirements of their plants across many continents.
We maintain memberships and are represented on numerous influential trade associations and industry bodies. This helps us to influence future developments in the related industries and technologies, to the benefit of our customers worldwide. Current memberships include...
- Achilles FPAL and UVDB communities - achilles.com
- Association of Wellhead Equipment Manufacturers (AWHEM) - awhem.org
- British Association of Ship Suppliers (BASS) - bassweb.co.uk
- British Fluid Power Association (BFPA) - bfpa.co.uk
- British Valve and Actuator Association (BVAA) - bvaa.org.uk
- Energy Industries Council (EIC) - the-eic.com
- European Sealing Association (ESA) - europeansealing.com (James Walker is a founder member of ESA)
- European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) - ewea.org
- International Marine Purchasing Association (IMPA) - impa.net
- Northern Offshore Federation (NOF) - nofenergy.co.uk